Monday 22 November 2010

30 Things I Like About Myself

I recently read a post about setting yourself the challenge of writing down thirty things you like about yourself. Here is my go:

1. I am a total bookworm and am happy to escape in other worlds.

2. I am a geek - I love learning new things.

3. The simple things matter to me when it comes to boys - holding hands, kisses, snuggling.

4. I have a random taste in music.

5. I am an avid traveller.

6. I speak French - I read books and magazines in French.

7. I give my cars names.

8. I try my best to stay in touch with friends by letter, text, email or facebook.

9. I make friends easily.

10. I am not afraid to be myself - I collect international magazines. I make collages and save articles I like. I sketch. I make memory books/scrapbooks.

11. My Mam is my best friend.

12. I like to dance in my room.

13. I am a total daydreamer.

14. I am a Beat ambassador. I am helping other people.

15. I never, ever give up - I conquered anorexia. I got my degree. I learned to ride a bike aged 15. I passed my A-Levels whilst ill.

16. I am tall and have long legs.

17. I am always smiling.

18. I have friends all over England.

19. I am an Auntie. I would love to be a mother myself.

20. I take pride in my appearance.

21. I am very family orientated.

22. I appreciate little things - like the first flowers in spring, rustling through leaves in autumn, seeing a butterfly etc.

23. I am a complex person. There is a lot people don't know about me.

24. I am always writing -blogs, articles, a novel, lists!

25. I am not afraid to try new things.

26. I am a romantic.

27. I am comfortable in my own company.

28. I am addicted to buying magazines.

29. I am proud of my 'flaws' - anorexia and self harm; as they represent my courage to overcome difficult times.

30. I am unique and I am trying to not care what other people think of me anymore.

2 comments:

  1. awww - looks like you have many positive things going on in your life there. Keep it up as I'm sure you will continue to find more beautiful things to keep you happy and give you enjoyment in life!

    Everyone has there ups and downs, but if we learn from each down and become stronger and braver, we are going to be better people afterwards.

    Sounds like you are progressing well if you can write what you have above :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such a lovely comment :) I think when you make yourself do a task like this, you realise there is more about yourself that you actually like than you thought!

    ReplyDelete