Monday 29 November 2010

A Confession

I have yet to properly talk to anyone about this. My therapist knew but I dont see her anymore; people in my home town believe they know me enough to spread gossip about it. I wanted to speak out on my blog as I dont have anyone who understands me. I also wanted to share some useful links for anyone else suffering.

So what am I confessing to?

My battle with self-harm which has gone on for seven years now, including hospital visits and embarrassing trips to pharmacies where my brother forced me to tell the pharmacist what I had done to myself.

I have had people ask about my cuts or scars with me hiding in myself not wanting them to know. I have had someone go up to my then boyfriend to say yeah I was lovely but did he know I cut myself? I have also had the same boyfriend tell me he tried to self harm when he was feeling down and to try to understand why I did it. This made me sad that I am in a way influencing people to self harm too.

Here are some links I have found useful:

www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/selfharm

www.freewebs.com/selfharm_help/

teenadvice.about.com/od/.../Cutting_Branding_Self_Injury.htm

www.recoveryourlife.com/index.php?categoryid=43

www.harmless.org.uk/

http://www.nshn.co.uk/downloads.html

No comments:

Post a Comment