Saturday 20 November 2010

I've come a long way!

With recovery or even being almost recovered, it is easy to forget how much things have actually changed. So I've decided to list all of the things I can do now =] Hopefully it will motivate you too or just make you smile.

1. I laugh at things now.
2. I listen to music.
3. I can concentrate on a good book.
4. I can drive and have owned two cars.
5. I can get on a bus, a train or a plane. (When I was ill, I wasn't allowed to travel)
6. I like going clothes shopping.
7. I cook things out of pleasure.
8. I can eat in public, in front of strangers and at all times of the day.
9. I eat a variety of foods.
10. I have learned how to relax - I can just sit and watch a DVD; not thinking that I'm being lazy.
11. I can have a proper bath (When I was ill, I was only allowed to be in a few inches of water)
12. I have my privacy back.
13. I can walk as I have the strength now.
14. I can drink alcohol.
15. I eat ice cream and sweets when I want to.
16. I can have a job and have had many!
17. I have had boyfriends and am interested in boys.
18. I am attractive to the other sex.
19. I can go on holidays.
20. I have more concentration.
21. I can hold a conversation.
22. I am Rachel; not an anorexic!

No comments:

Post a Comment