Tuesday 16 November 2010

Pearl By Katy Perry

This song relates to how I became when I was with my ex boyfriend and I never want to let myself get this low every again. I won't give up my life, dreams and ambitions for a boy. I certainly won't turn down invitations from friends anymore just in case he might want to see me. I won't stay with a boy who hardly gives me compliments, instead talking about all the girls who fancy him and talking to all of his exes. I won't stay with someone who doesn't give a damn about my feelings. Coming to Australia has made me realise that I am worth a hell of a lot more.

Pearl

She is a pyramid, but with him she's just a grain of sand,
This love's too strong like mice and men,
Squeezing out the life that should be let in.

She was a hurricane but now she's just a gust of wind,
She used to set the sails of a thousand ships,
Was a force to be reckoned with.

She could be a Statue of Liberty,
She could be a Joan of Arc,
But he's scared of the light that's inside of her, so he keeps her in the dark.

Oh, she used to be a pearl,
She used to rule the world,
Can't believe she's become a shell of herself.
Coz she used to be a pearl.

She was unstoppable,
Moved fast just like an avalanche,
But now she's stuck deep in cement,
Wishing they never met.

Do you know there's a way out?
You don't have to be held down.

Coz I used to be a shell,
Yeah I let him rule my world,
But I will come and grow strong,
And I can still go on.
And no one can take my pearl.

You don't have to be a shell,
You're the one that rules your world,
You are strong and you will learn that you can still go on.
And you will always be a pearl.

She is unstoppable.l

No comments:

Post a Comment