Sunday 19 December 2010

Okay, this time I am using my blog to ask for advice :)

I thought I had gotten over something a long time ago but I have realised that is not the case - I still rely on boys compliments and attention to feel good about myself. I wish it wasnt true as I know boys arent the be all and end all, yet it makes me feel good about myself to have boys attracted to me.

I will drunk text boys even the ones I dont like in that way just to receive some flirting.
I have kissed boys I dont like just because I dont want to say no to someone as I know how it feels.
I don't sleep around but this need to feel wanted means I have gotten into some situations I wish had never happened.
It is why I went back to my ex for two years even though he never appreciated me.

I dont want to be this way. Yet I dont know how to get out of it.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know how much advice I can give about this.. But I do know that it's a good thing that you realise this is your way of feeling wanted and appreciated. And that perhaps you're not happy with the way you ask for that attention.. But I don't think it's abnormal. I know a lot of girls who feel the same way and act on it the same was aswell. Maybe there's something else that you havn't discovered yet that can give you the same sense of feeling that you're a worthy person and that you ARE lovely and you are appreciated just the way you are xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment Tanya. Yeah you're right - it is good that I have been able to realise what I do - it's the first step in most things isnt it? Admitting to the problem. I guess I have to work hard on not acting this way and finding something that makes me feel worthy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can relate a lot Rachel, and i wish i had something in the way of advice to give. Just, be careful. You are worth more than what most guys will ever tell x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. If you need anyone to talk to you know where I am. One day I hope to love myself and not need any guy x

    ReplyDelete