Friday 17 December 2010

Alternative Realities

I read a great trilogy the other week, the first book being A Crack In The Line, about different realities - how every time you make a decision, in an alternative reality another version of you is taking the other option of the decision. It made me think about different realities of myself - if anorexia had or had not darkened my door.

1. Rachel that didnt have anorexia; did a Triple Qualification at University spending a year in France and a year in Germany and now maybe works for the UN.

2. Rachel who was anorexic; then took a year off when she was told she would fail her A-Levels. She did a degree in journalism. Lives in London, a journalist.

3. Rachel who was anorexic; went to university etc but this Rachel actually did go to Germany instead of going to hospital for a serious case of self harm.

4. Rachel who went to Australia last year with her friend and wouldn't have had her heart broken many more times by her ex.

5. And sadly the Rachel who did die from anorexia.

I think I am quite glad to be in my reality with my BA Hons in French and German and my MA in magazine journalism :) Plus I am alive; I beat anorexia!

No comments:

Post a Comment