Monday 5 July 2010

Italty conference 2

Outside our workshop were posters of statements about eating disorders that arose on day one. However post-its were available to write your own thoughts so as an ambassador I wrote LOADS!

An Italian minister stopped to talk to me after I had written that eating disorders are more than just a diet; after a comment was written implying they were. He wasn't impressed with the outdated comment and praised me for standing up to it =]

Here are the statements I wrote.

Eating disorders workshop

Pro recovery!

Eating disorders are more than just weight and food

I am more than just my appearance

I am going to love myself flaws and all!

Recovery is about finding out who you really are and regaining your identity.
Goodbye anorexia!

ED sufferers have a voice too

EDS are NOT about being as thin as possible

I am an example that EDS can be beaten. Recovered anorexic

Eating disorders are NOT a diet gone wrong

Italy should have their own eating disorders charity

Motivate us! Don’t say we can’t do something

We are stronger than you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment